At Altosor Communication, we understand the importance of efficient and secure management of your online store. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of connecting to PrestaShop 8.
How do I connect to Prestashop?
Prestashop connection: Locate administrator login URL
To access the administration panel of your PrestaShop store, you need to know thelogin URL. This is usually found in a folder named “admin” followed by a unique word linked to your installation (for example: admin1234). You can search for this folder at the root of your web hosting. The complete URL therefore looks like http://www.votre-boutique.com/admin1234/.
Step-by-step instructions for connecting to Prestashop
To access your PrestaShop 8 store, follow these simple steps:
- Open your web browser and access the URL of your online store, followed by
- Enter your login details (e-mail address and password) in the appropriate fields.
- Click on the “Login” button to access your PrestaShop dashboard.
Front office vs. back office
It’s important to clarify the difference between the front office and the back office. The front-office represents the part of your website visible to visitors and customers, including product pages, categories and shopping cart. The back-office is the area reserved for e-commerce site administrators and managers, enabling them to manage orders, stock, modules, etc.
Accepted Prestashop connection types
PrestaShop allows store owners and employees with specific roles to log on to the platform. Different levels of access can be configured according to each user’s needs, ensuring that everyone has access to the tools and information they need to get the job done.
The different types of user accounts
PrestaShop’s back-office offers several types of accounts with different levels of access:
- Administrator: Full access to all functions.
- Stock manager: Manages stock and suppliers only.
- Customer service: Mainly deals with orders and customers.
Other profiles with specific permissions can be created to suit your company’s needs.
Different Prestashop connection parameters
In PrestaShop, you can configure various connection settings to enhance the security and user-friendliness of your online store. For example, you can enable or disable the SSL connection, set IP-based access restrictions and customize the connection URL to your dashboard.
Connecting from different devices
To connect to PrestaShop from a desktop computer, open your web browser and enter the administrator login URL. On a tablet or smartphone, use the mobile web browser and follow the same procedure. Be sure to use secure logins to protect access to your back office.
Create a customer information block
To enable customers to log in, register and log out directly at the top right of the page, you can create a customer information block. To do this, go to the back office, then Modules > Modules & Services > Search for “User block” and install it if necessary. Then configure the module according to your preferences.
Tips for optimizing back-office use
Here are a few tips to improve your PrestaShop back-office experience:
- Use keyboard shortcuts to navigate faster.
- Customize theuser interface by displaying only those features that are important to you.
- Configure user preferences to adapt the display and notifications to your needs.
Managing Prestashop login information
Efficiently managing an e-commerce site is essential to the success of your online business. PrestaShop, as the CMS platform of choice for online stores, offers a multitude of features and options to optimize the management of your store. This chapter is intended as a guide to how to connect to PrestaShop and optimize the use of the back office.
Update Prestashop login information
To update your PrestaShop login details, access your dashboard, then click on “My account” in the top right-hand corner. Here you can change your e-mail address, password and other account settings.
Change or reset password
If you’ve forgotten your PrestaShop password or just want to change it, click on “Forgot your password?” on the login page. Enter the e-mail address associated with your account, and you’ll receive an e-mail containing a link to reset your password.
Create a Prestashop account
To create a new user account in PrestaShop, access your dashboard, then navigate to “Advanced settings” > “Team”. Click on “Add a new employee” and fill in the required information, such as name, e-mail address and password. Then select the appropriate profile to define access authorizations for this new user.
Improving data security on PrestaShop
Use a strong, unique password
Make sure you use a strong, unique password for your PrestaShop account. A strong password usually includes a combination of upper- and lower-case letters, numbers and special characters.
Add additional safety measures
To strengthen the security of your online store, consider adding additional security measures , such as two-factor authentication (2FA ) and access restriction by IP address.
Protect yourself against hacking attempts
Be on the lookout for hacking attempts, and regularly monitor the activity of your online store. Make sure you’re always using the latest version of PrestaShop , and keep your modules and themes up-to-date to benefit from the latest security fixes. Discover a selection of the best Prestashop modules.
By putting these tips into practice, you’ll optimize the management of your online store while saving time and reducing sources of frustration. Don’t forget that PrestaShop is a scalable CMS platform that adapts to your business needs. So get started and take full advantage of the features PrestaShop has to offer to run your online business efficiently.
Any questions? If you need advice from a Prestashop expert, don’t hesitate to contact Altosor Communication.
Solving common problems when connecting to Prestashop
Connecting to PrestaShop is generally quick and easy. However, problems can arise that make access difficult.
Solving common connection problems
- Username or password error: If you’ve forgotten your login details, use the “Forgot password” function to reset your password. Also check that you haven’t made a mistake when entering your user name.
- File or folder problem: Make sure that all PrestaShop files and folders are correctly installed on your server. If you encounter file-related errors, check their presence and permissions.
- Database problem: If you are unable to connect due to a database problem, check the database connection information in config/settings.inc.php.
- Login button module not working: If you’re using a module to add a login button via social networks, make sure the module is correctly configured and up to date. If the problem persists, temporarily deactivate the module to access the administration interface.
Getting help and solutions
- PrestaShop Forum: Join the PrestaShop community on the official forums to find solutions to your problems, share your experience and get help.
- Documentation and release notes: Consult the official PrestaShop documentation and release notes to familiarize yourself with the features and requirements of your version of PrestaShop.
- Interfacing with other solutions: If you encounter integration problems with other solutions (ERP, CRM, etc.), check their compatibility with PrestaShop and seek thehelp of a specialized Prestashop developer if necessary.
- PrestaShop support: For personalized support, PrestaShop offers support and training services to help you get the most out of your online store. Why not ask for advice and a free quote from a Prestashop developer developer from our digital agency?
By following these tips, you should be able to solve your PrestaShop connection problems and take full advantage of the features offered by this e-commerce platform. Don’t hesitate to call on Altosor’s PrestaShop experts to help you succeed with your online project.